cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]: XalanTransformer and Caching
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:13:14 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> The recent version (current cvs of C2) of the XalanTransformer caches every stylesheet.
As this improves performance and is very useful for production sites this is very annoying
for development circles.

> Are there any plans for improving the caching mechanism?

You bet. :)

> Or for a flag which turns caching on/off?

yep.

> I can implement a caching mechanism which works for local files (the simple modified
since approach), but how a distant files handled?

my solution would be:

1) if you use external entities, forget it, the cache will not be able
to reload
2) if you use the XPath document() fuction forget it as well, the cache
won't be able to tell if it needs to reload.
3) the cache will reload only on XInclude-type inclusion.

Comments welcome.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.