cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]Using logicsheets
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:51:44 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> Giacomo Pati <pati_giacomo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I've discussed that topic with Ricardo at the ApacheCon. We agreed that
> >the class skeleton the XSP core logicsheet merges into the actual XSP
> >code should be separated into another "core" logicsheet. This way we
> >should be able to generate *any* class with XSP
> >(generator/transformer/sitemap).
>
> Cool! Kind of aspect-oriented code generation, huh? (I'm just doing
> background reading on Aspect-Oriented Programming at the moment - it seems
> very general and very powerful!)

Exactly. More or less is applying AOP patterns using the XML syntax
instead of java-like syntax as AspectJ does. Of course, the java logic
is stored preferably on java source files rather than inside XML or XSLT
(those CDATA suck big time), but yeah, that's the general idea.

Damn, you guys should have been there with us... next time, make sure to
submit a talk so that, if approuved, they pay you all expenses (and even
give you some spare bucks which help...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.