cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lassi Immonen <limmo...@urova.fi>
Subject Re: [C2]Using logicsheets
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:51:04 GMT
> > Would it be possible to get logicsheet functionality to plain
> > .xml files
> > also by having logicsheet transformer?
> > This could also take away need to put xml-logicsheet prosessing
> > instruction in .xsp, wouldn't it?
> >
> > Like:
> > <map:match pattern="page">
> >   <map:generate src="page.xml"/>
> >   <map:transform type="logicsheet" src="page.xsl"/>
>
> Hum... if I understood well your request, we end up with a XSP
> transformer. Someone has already expressed such a wish, but I'm not
> sure if it's a good idea, since IMHO it inhibits compilation which is
> not what we want. Does it make sense ?

Yes it does. I suppose I can always make transformers to get dynamic tag
behaviour in XML, if thats really necessary, thought would be easier to
do with logicsheet. Still trying to grasp C2 concepts and which it's
many ways of doing things is best for our project.

Any idea of performance difference between transformer just checking
some tags and putting dynamic stuff in place and XSP and logicsheet
doing the same? Should XSP be faster?

Thanks,

  Lassi