cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lassi Immonen <limmo...@urova.fi>
Subject [C2]Using logicsheets
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:15:38 GMT
Hi,

I would like to clarify have I understood XSP and Logicsheet/Taglib
concepts right.

So in general I want to include <my:tag>, which is later producing
something dynamic in some programming language, in somewhere on my
content xsp/xml files.

I have 2 choices to get my Taglibs available in C2.

1. Put logicsheet in cocoon.xconf as <builtin-logicsheet>
2. Put <?xml-logicsheet href="mysheet.xsl"?> processing instruction in
.xsp file.

Content files have to be .xsp file on examples above.

In sitemap both 1&2 are same:
<map:match pattern="page">
  <map:generate type="serverpages" src="page.xsp"/>

Why built-in logicsheets are declared in cocoon.xconf?
Would't it be better to be able to declare them in sitemap?

Would it be possible to get logicsheet functionality to plain .xml files
also by having logicsheet transformer?
This could also take away need to put xml-logicsheet prosessing
instruction in .xsp, wouldn't it?

Like:
<map:match pattern="page">
  <map:generate src="page.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="logicsheet" src="page.xsl"/>

Is there still more ways to use logicsheets than I have not understood?

Thanks,
   Lassi Immonen