cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [C2]ServerPagesGenerator is a generator?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:18:51 GMT
> Tom Klaasen wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there any good reason (besides some technical ones) why the
> ServerPagesGenerator is a generator, and not a transformator?

Simply because it starts spitting SAX events down the pipeline.

> The way I see it is that ServerPagesGenerator does the job of a
> transformator, but is dependent to a file.

And exactly that dependancy on a file make it a generator.

> As far as I can see, this
> coupling could be cut: we would get a ServerPagesTransformer, whose
> input can come from any XMLProducer.

If you can come up with such a Transformer please go on and do it :).
There are many poeples waiting for such a thing.

> From then on, I think the whole xsp-story becomes much more powerful:
> we can get an xml file from somewhere, apply e.g. the SQLTransformer
> on it, and after that the ServerPagesTransformer.

Would be great, of course.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch