cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian P Millett <...@ec-group.com>
Subject Re: Help for Cocoon 1.8 & MS. Access database!!!
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:30:47 GMT
beichuang wrote:

> Hello, all:
>
> I am not sure whether cocoon 1.8 (Turbine engine) can work with MS Access databbase?
Anyway, I did
> the stpes following:
>
> 1. add a new database driver into cocoon.properties file:
>
>     # These properties are used by the DBFactory.
>
> processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor=DBWeblogic,DBOracle,DBInstantDB,DBPostgres,DBSybase,DBInformix,DBODBC

What you need to do is the following: (Turbine is defined for the ODBC database to be DBOdbc)

processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor=DBOdbc
processor.xsp.pool.database.adaptor.DBOdbc=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

processor.xsp.pool.database.DBODBC.driver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
processor.xsp.pool.database.DBODBC.username=dbUser
processor.xsp.pool.database.DBODBC.password=dbPass
processor.xsp.pool.database.DBODBC.maxConnections=3
processor.xsp.pool.database.DBODBC.expiryTime=3600000

Remember that "processor.xsp.pool.database.<POOLNAME>.driver=" is the part to define
the pool.

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms