cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: How do i get commit access (for C2)?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:06:32 GMT
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> I don't want to bend too much on this, but I noticed that some of the files
> don't obey the rule of having less than 80 characters per line. Is this
> something considered acceptable?

I don't have problems w/ that, as my editor usually is set at 132
columns. My rule of the thumb is "don't squeeze it too much, if it
doesn't fit, it doesn't", but if it fits, it's good to keep it under 80
columns...

Since this discussion is currently going on also into several other
projects, why don't we specify it once for all (as we did in JServ
times) and post it somewhere?

I believe we all agree on the Sun's Java Coding Conventions + Force
Spaces instead of Tabs, what about Column #80?

	Pier