cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2 webapp internal-server-error
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 13:29:03 GMT
Brian May wrote:

>     Stefano> Why don't you guys read the INSTALL page? I did wrote it
>     Stefano> for a reason :/
>
> I got the error when following these instructions ;-)
>
> Today, I get a different (and rather verbose) error (if this is
> somehow my fault, I don't see what I am doing wrong). Translated, does
> this error mean "Cannot open configuration file"? What configuration
> file?
>
> Cocoon 2 - Internal server error
>
> type internal-server-error
>
> message Can't access class
> 'org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl' with role
> 'program-generator' due to a
> org.apache.avalon.ComponentNotAccessibleException[Can't access class
> 'org.apache.avalon.NamedComponentManagerImpl' with role 'factory' due to a
> org.apache.avalon.ConfigurationException[An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1ac833)
> was found in the comment. @ null]]

Hmmmm, invalid XML character in your config file (cocoon.xconf, that is,
yes error messages suck for now :) boy, this is still alpha for a reason
:)

Try checking it out again or place encoding="UTF-8" on the ?xml? PI on
top.

Anyway, first time I see this error, honest.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.