cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [C2 Patch] LogTransformer fixes - part 1
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2000 20:41:48 GMT
Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to use the C2 LogTransformer and only got
> StringIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions. I think I fixed it. Patch is
> attached.

Thanks for the patch. I've applied it and corrected the javadoc comments
which are still based on an old sytax of the sitemap.

> BTW, how am I supposed to pass the logfile parameter to the
> LogTransformer in the Sitemap? I tried both
>
>   <map:transformer
>        name="log"
>        src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LogTransformer">
>      <logfile>logfile.log</logfile>
>   </map:transformer>
>
> and
>
>   <map:transformer
>        name="log"
>        src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LogTransformer">
>      <logfile map:value="logfile.log"/>
>   </map:transformer>
>
> but the LogTransformer only gets a null logfilename. Any hints?

use that:

  <map:transform type="log">
    <parameter name="logfile" value="foobar.log"/>
  </map:transform>

in a pipeline, not in the component section.

> BTW2, when I statically set logfilename to "logfile.log" in
> LogTransformer.setup(), the file was created in my TOMCAT_HOME, not in
> webapps/cocoon or work/localhost/cocoon (Tomcat 4.0-CVS from the day
> before yesterday). Is this location OK?

I don't really know where it will be created.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch