cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [C2] SitemapManager.class change or bug ?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 18:56:38 GMT
Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

> Marcus Crafter <crafterm@dresdnerbank.de> writes:
>
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:133)
> >         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:80)
> >         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:229)
> >         at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:167)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:387)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:263)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:371)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:749)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:695)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:207)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:403)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
>
> I never got C2 to work with Tomcat 3.1 within the last 2 months. I
> always got the same stack trace. It is a result from a
> java.lang.VerifyError within the thread that asynchronously recreates
> the sitemap. (You probably don't see the VerifyError any more because
> the system.out logging code seems to have been removed. I haven't
> actually checked this, though.)

Thaks for getting to the point where we can start talking about those
problems with Tomcat 3.x. Do you see any chance to get it working with
Tomcat 3.x?

> But I finally managed to get Tomcat 4.0 to work properly (the trick is
> to check out the correct jakarta-servletapi branch) and C2 works with
> it like a charm.

Yes, indeed, it is :)

> BTW, a step by step HOWTO for installing Cocoon 2 and Tomcat 4.0 is
> available from
>
>  <URL:http://n-dimensional.de/cocoon/docbook-test/howto.db.html>

Looks good. I think we should somehow integrate DocBook documents into
the CVS (even if it's still not decided to you DocBook instead of the
simpler cocoon DTDs). Maybe with the new CLI environment it's easier to
do that, what do you all think about this?

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch