cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject [C2] Cache behaviour
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 19:06:47 GMT
Hi,

One of the problems with C2 was that no cache information was output to
the outside world, i.e. pages which never change and pages which change
ever 10 seconds have the same cache parameters in HTTP: none.

With C2 we can change this!  Somehow C2 needs to know the lifetime of
the data it is processing and include it with the HTTP headers.  This
seems intimately related to the internal cache so it might be wise to
discuss these together...

So: how is the internal cache going to cache data, how will it know when
to refresh (are we keeping the C1 interfaces or creating new ones) and
can this data be used in the headers, or will be sitemap need a
<map:cache/> tag?

Just a thought,
Ross Burton