cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] CLI almost there
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:38:08 GMT
Brian May wrote:

>     Stefano> on monday (forgot to write)... and here it is :)
>
>     Stefano> just do
>
>     Stefano>  ./build.sh dist cd dist/cocoon-2.0a3 ./run.sh welcome cd
>     Stefano> site
>
> Looks good. Some minor comments:
>
> - the comment for the static svg example says "An example of a SVG
> file rendered to a PNG image", but the image is jpeg. I am guessing
> the svg2png has not been implemented yet.
>
> - the dynamic content examples produce NullPointerException.

Yes, I know, this is because the CommandLineRequest/Response objects
contain lots of FIXME :) and throw null pointers.... maybe I should
change those to

 throw StefanoIsLazyException("please fix me :(");

:)

> - I am interested in how the slides example will work (as it converts
> 1 input XML + 1 input XSL to many output HTML files).
>
> At the moment, if I try to view slide 2, it goes to the following URL:
>
> file:/homes/bam/xml-cocoon/dist/cocoon-2.0a3/site/slides/?section=1/
>
> (that trailing slash was added, I think, by Netscape)

Hmmm, I don't get this.

> Netscape displays the following directory:
>
> /homes/bam/xml-cocoon/dist/cocoon-2.0a3/site/slides
>
> If I click on the link _section=1, I get an error "Page Not Available"
> and "Generated by Apache Cocoon 2.0a3".
>
> The log said this:
>
> [log] |  +--slides/?section=1
> [log] |  |  |
> [log] |  |  +--[broken link]--> slides/_section=1.html
>
> So, I think there are several different problems here:
> - the link is declared to be broken.
> - the ? is translated to _ in the filename, but not the link.
> - the .html extension has disappeared in the filename and link.

Uh, ouch, that's clearly a bug... I'll tackle this today.

Thanks for the bug report :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.