cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject [C2] Sitemap factories
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 19:57:22 GMT
Is it the concern of the sitemap maintainer to be aware of the fact that a matcher/selector
is a factory or not?

Now a sitemap maintainer has to distinguish between them as with:

  <map:matcher name="foo" src="my.FooMatcher"/>
  <map:matcher name="bar" factory="my.BarMatcherFactory"/>

In fact the sitemap itself is able to determine if the class specified above implements CodeFactory
or not. So the snippet above could be written as:

  <map:matcher name="foo" src="my.FooMatcher"/>
  <map:matcher name="bar" src="my.BarMatcherFactory"/>

The consequences are that a factory class could not be inherited from a parent sitemap.

What do you think, is it valuable to let the sitemap check what interface a matcher/selector
implements or is it important to see that in the sitemap.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch