cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Short TODO list [was CLI almost there]
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:26:34 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> > Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > do this

> > > So, please explain me this. I think I need to reorganize my
> > priority
> > > list because my spare time is getting shorter the next weeks :( I
> > think
> > > it would help if other people could help us doing the stuff that is
> > > still needed so much.
> >
> > Ok, I'll try to tackle it myself then (even if my time is getting
> > short
> > as well not that CLI is working as I wanted)
>
> I asked for explanation mainly because I have no idea what you meant
> with "internal aggregation", sorry to claim your time.

Oh, no problem... actually I have no idea myself of what I mean by
internal aggregation so I'll spend the afternoon to come up with a
proposal of some sort.

> > > I'm still implementing the forthcomming avalon release and it scars
> > me
> > > alot because there are many things to change and reimplement (ie.
> > the
> > > nuked NamedComponentManager) :(.
> >
> > I perfectly understand.
> >
> > > And there are still many other things to do before we can call it
> > beta.
> > > Here is a small list:
> > >
> > > - XalanTransformers problem with namespaces
> > > - XMLSerializers problem with namespaces
> >
> > should we move to Xalan2 to fix these?
>
> +1000

right

> > Is there anyone that wants to help replacing Xalan1 with Xalan2 using
> > the TRaX interfaces?
>
> +100000

:)

> > > - integration of the ESQL logicsheet doesn't work because of a bug
> > > somewhere
> > >   in the XSP stuff (it's not the integration itself that scares me
> > but
> > > the fact
> > >   that it generates uncompilable java code can cause other
> > logicsheet to
> > > fail as
> > >   well). I've send it to Ricardo but didn't received a valuable
> > answer
> > > :(
> >
> > yes, we have to fix this ourselves.
> >
> > > - implementing the Action proposal. This weekend I had the time to
> > study
> > >   Struts because someone mentioned it here. I've seen that our
> > Action
> > > proposal
> > >   is exactly what Struts is all about (more or less). But I think
> > we
> > > have
> > >   a much more componentized model.
> >
> > hmmmm, I'll be -1 on entering beta state with such a big change in
> > paradigm... don't get me wrong, I've seen your action proposal and I
> > think it's a great addition to the sitemap model, but we haven't
> > played
> > with it directly and we cannot guarantee the semantics/api/schema
> > will
> > remain the same in the near future.
>
> To be honest, I'll need it for own projects. Then I will stay in the
> proposal directory to further develop it!

No, no. Move it to the trunk, blast that proposal directory... I'm not
saying I don't like it, just that it's not stable enough for a beta
release.

> > > - And other think I forgot to write down here.
> >
> > I'd like to have an alpha release soon.
>
> Another alpha or the first beta?

alpha, it will be alpha until the APIs are rock solid, so the code will
solidify on the way thru.

> > The showstopper, for me, it's stylebook presence: I won't release
> > with
> > stylebook-generated docs... but C2 is currently not powerful enough
> > match stylebook abilities.
> >
> > See next mail.
>
> Ok.
>
> > But after this, I'll write a small user guide and plan to come up
> > with
> > an alpha release...
>
> Oh, you really mean alpha then.

yes

> > I don't care if things will change or not... but
> > I'm
> > perfectly aware of the fact that without releasing, there will be
> > very
> > few people trying it out and less chances to fix things soon enough
> > avoid doing harm in the future.
> >
> > So, the day stylebook is matched by C2, I'd release the alpha, what
> > do
> > you say?
>
> I have no problem with that. Release early and often :)

Great.

> > are

> > where
> > after all)
> > >
> > > Yes, my friend. I'll do all the commenting as soon as I've finished
> > all
> > > the other implentation stuff and I've disziplined myself to
> > comments
> > > things during coding :)
> >
> > No problem... just reminding you of that.
>
> Yes, I need to be reminded sometimes :)

:)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.