cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]: Compile time of the sitemap
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 12:17:13 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We may have missed the explanation on this - so apologies up front. Why does
> the compilation of the sitemap take soooo long? On a recent (last week) CVS
> version the sitemap takes around 5 minute to re-compile after a change.

??? it takes 15 seconds on my system.

What system do you have?

> Why exactly is this (i.e. what is causing this)?

I'm aware of the fact that catalinas classloaders are pretty small and
they slow down class initialization but it should be a matter of seconds
not minutes.

> And will this get better (we could look into this if neccessary)?

the jikes support doesn't work (yet), that might help you a great
deal... any bugfix would be _very_ welcome.

> Thanks
>
> Matthew Langham
>
> --
> Open Source Group               sunShine - Lighting up e:Business
> Matthew Langham, S&N AG, Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
> Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.