cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Short TODO list [was CLI almost there]
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:22:51 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> 
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Still to do:
> >
> > 1) create a fake command line object model... yes, Giacomo, I'll do this
> > first as you suggested then we'll see
> >
> > 2) add link filtering semantics to the sitemap
> >
> > I'll have a finished CLI for Cocoon2.
> >
> > In order to totally replace stylebook documentation we still need
> >
> > 3) internal aggregation (using the cocoon: uri)
> 
> So, please explain me this. I think I need to reorganize my priority
> list because my spare time is getting shorter the next weeks :( I think
> it would help if other people could help us doing the stuff that is
> still needed so much.

Ok, I'll try to tackle it myself then (even if my time is getting short
as well not that CLI is working as I wanted)
 
> I'm still implementing the forthcomming avalon release and it scars me
> alot because there are many things to change and reimplement (ie. the
> nuked NamedComponentManager) :(.

I perfectly understand.

> And there are still many other things to do before we can call it beta.
> Here is a small list:
> 
> - XalanTransformers problem with namespaces
> - XMLSerializers problem with namespaces

should we move to Xalan2 to fix these?

Is there anyone that wants to help replacing Xalan1 with Xalan2 using
the TRaX interfaces?

> - integration of the ESQL logicsheet doesn't work because of a bug
> somewhere
>   in the XSP stuff (it's not the integration itself that scares me but
> the fact
>   that it generates uncompilable java code can cause other logicsheet to
> fail as
>   well). I've send it to Ricardo but didn't received a valuable answer
> :(

yes, we have to fix this ourselves.

> - implementing the Action proposal. This weekend I had the time to study
>   Struts because someone mentioned it here. I've seen that our Action
> proposal
>   is exactly what Struts is all about (more or less). But I think we
> have
>   a much more componentized model.

hmmmm, I'll be -1 on entering beta state with such a big change in
paradigm... don't get me wrong, I've seen your action proposal and I
think it's a great addition to the sitemap model, but we haven't played
with it directly and we cannot guarantee the semantics/api/schema will
remain the same in the near future.

> - And other think I forgot to write down here.

I'd like to have an alpha release soon.

The showstopper, for me, it's stylebook presence: I won't release with
stylebook-generated docs... but C2 is currently not powerful enough to
match stylebook abilities.

See next mail.

But after this, I'll write a small user guide and plan to come up with
an alpha release... I don't care if things will change or not... but I'm
perfectly aware of the fact that without releasing, there will be very
few people trying it out and less chances to fix things soon enough to
avoid doing harm in the future.

So, the day stylebook is matched by C2, I'd release the alpha, what do
you say?
 
> > Giacomo, why don't you focus on #3 and I focus on #1 and #2? they are
> > totally orthogonal things and can be done in parallel.
> >
> > What do you say? It should take long, but you know better than me where
> > to place the pieces in that (admittedly very hard) sitemap.xsl
> > logicsheet (how about adding some comments to it? it is code after all)
> 
> Yes, my friend. I'll do all the commenting as soon as I've finished all
> the other implentation stuff and I've disziplined myself to comments
> things during coding :)

No problem... just reminding you of that.

-- 
Stefano Mazzocchi      One must still have chaos in oneself to be
                          able to give birth to a dancing star.
<stefano@apache.org>                             Friedrich Nietzsche
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 Missed us in Orlando? Make it up with ApacheCON Europe in London!
------------------------- http://ApacheCon.Com ---------------------



Mime
View raw message