cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [C2] Short TODO list [was CLI almost there]
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2000 16:30:37 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Does anyone have samples to recreate the following problems?
>
> - XalanTransformers problem with namespaces

If you put the following snippet into a pipeline of your sitemap

  <map:match pattern="sitemap">
    <map:generate src="sitemap.xmap"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheet/sitemap/simple-sitemap2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

  <map:match pattern="sitemap-style">
    <map:read src="resources/styles/sitemap.css"/>
  </map:match>

and request it as http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sitemap you'll see, that there is only an empty
body returned as output because of the namespace problem. If you define the xt transformer
and use that instead of the XalanTransformer all will work correctly.

> - XMLSerializers problem with namespaces

Using the above pipeline snippet you can use the following uri http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sitemap?cocoon-view=content
to see that the xml serializer swallows all the namespaces definitions.

Giacomo

PS: You will need the lates CVS because I've had to commit a missing css file to make the
example above working.

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch