cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pjdon...@cs.latrobe.edu.au>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Emotional Landscapes
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:15:09 GMT
>This is where I see the parallel: Cocoon and friends are now what the
>web was 10 years ago, only with much more hype attached due to the XML
>label.

I agree

>It will take another 4 years for XML to really take off and create the
>critical mass to starting having semantic searching.

do you really think there will ever be semantic searching? After working on
it for a while I have basically decided that it wont ever happen. I looked
at RDF and thou - naah too complex which means your basically left in same
situation you are in now. Basic textual analyisis and hit n miss datamining
- is there any reason to believe this will change ? I can't see Joe
Six-pack conforming and maintaing correct meta information and considering
most of the web is made up of our friendly neighbourhood Joes - unless we
move to corporate web - I can't see it happening. What do you see that
makes you think otherwise ?

Cheers,

Pete