cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: possible bug in xsp engine in c2
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:23:48 GMT
On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 01:56:15PM -0000, Sebastien Sahuc wrote:
> > // Create a new element <xsp:text that wrap the quoted PCDATA
> > super.startElement(Constants.XSP_URI, "text", "xsp:text",new
> > AttributesImpl() );
> > super.characters(value.toCharArray(), 0, value.length());
> > super.endElement(Constants.XSP_URI, "text", "xsp:text");
> >
> > now, to my eye, the qname parameter of the startElement and endElement
> > method calls is unnecessary and potentially wrong. we don't
> > _know_ that
> > the xsp uri is going to be mapped to the 'xsp' prefix on the
> > xsp page. the
> > SAX2 api docs imply that i can simply use an empty string instead of
> > "xsp:text" here - but when i try that, i get incorrect results. am i
> > misusing SAX2 or am i exposing a more subtle error?
>
> Donald,
>
> I agree with you that no code should rely on the 'xsp:' prefix, but rather
> on it's declared namespace URI.
> Unfortunately, it's not that simple because we setup the reader with the
> prefix-namespace property 'on', which simply means that the qname cannot be
> an empty string but instead is a value aggregating the prefix along with the
> local name.
>
> So the question is rather should we still make use of the prefix-namespace
> feature, and therefore depend on the prefix part, or should we be 100%
> prefix independant ? Honestly I would better see the second option, but that
> means some work to do ...

I've talked with Ricardo about the design of the XSP engine. The
design was made for a DOM model and we should adapt a better design
for the SAX model. As far as I remember Ricardo will contact you,
Sebastien, to share his visions about how such a design can look like.
So either you contact him or he will contact you sometimes. I don't
know where he was leaving after ApacheCon (back to Columbia or to his
new employer in Italy).

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch