cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [C2] Generator which can do HTML->XHTML
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:34:42 GMT
#1: If you want to build HTMLGenerator, then you need to add tidy.jar in xml-cocoon\lib and
issue
a build request. ANT will check for presence of org.w3c.tidy.Tidy class before it compiles
HTMLGenerator.jar.

#2: When i tried to use the DOM document returned by parseDOM with DOMStreamer, it did not
work :(
Hence the need for ByteArrayStream, i did not try to dig deeper. I will revisit this sometime
later when they update Tidy.

#3: Yes, we should buffer the input stream. I will clean it up and post a patch.

Thanks,
dims

--- Per Kreipke <per@onclave.com> wrote:
> Davanum,
>
> Nicely done.
>
> Couple of questions (mostly for learning):
>
> - What will happen with the Tidy.jar file needed to use this generator? Will
> it be included in the C2 install?
>
> - Is the stream returned from Url.openStream() buffered? If so, ok. If not,
> why not use a buffered stream since it's a network request:
>
> Document newdoc = tidy.parseDOM(new BufferedInputStream(url.openStream()),
> ostream);
>
> Only asking because this is what I used under C1. Too bad JTidy can't emit
> SAX events (understandably).
>
> - Why use a ByteArrayStream as the intermediate stream?
>
> Per.
>
> > Thanks, applied
> >
> > Giacomo
> >
> > Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > >
> > > HTMLGenerator can be used to collect content from external web
> > sites. It uses JTidy from
> > > http://lempinen.net/sami/jtidy/.
> > >
> > > This was inspired by the following thread
> > >    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=97240792100003&w=2&r=1
> > >
> > > Here's the generator entry.
> > >    <map:generator  name="html"
> > src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"/>
> > >
> > > Here's the pipeline entry.
> > >    <map:match pattern="javasoft">
> > >     <map:generate type="html" src="http://www.javasoft.com"/>
> > >    </map:match>
> > >
> > > If you are within a firewall, make sure you set the following
> > params in the java.exe command line.
> > >
> > >    java.exe -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=caproxy.cai.com
> > -DproxyPort=80 ....

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI