cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [C2]Using logicsheets
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:58:56 GMT

--- Sebastien Sahuc <ssahuc@imediation.com> wrote:
> Lassi Immonen wrote :
>

> > I have 2 choices to get my Taglibs available in C2.
> >
> > 1. Put logicsheet in cocoon.xconf as <builtin-logicsheet>
> > 2. Put <?xml-logicsheet href="mysheet.xsl"?> processing instruction
> in
> > .xsp file.
> >

> Right
>
> > Why built-in logicsheets are declared in cocoon.xconf?
> > Would't it be better to be able to declare them in sitemap?
>
> Built in logicsheet are made available to any XSP page simply by
> declaring
> its namespace in the xsp:page element. The might be the main reason
> why
> these built-in logicsheet shouldn't be declared in the sitemap,
> otherwise
> you would end up having the logicsheet declaration in many place in
> the
> sitemap (or sub-sitemap).
>

> > Would it be possible to get logicsheet functionality to plain
> > .xml files
> > also by having logicsheet transformer?
> > This could also take away need to put xml-logicsheet prosessing
> > instruction in .xsp, wouldn't it?
> >
> > Like:
> > <map:match pattern="page">
> >   <map:generate src="page.xml"/>
> >   <map:transform type="logicsheet" src="page.xsl"/>
>
> Hum... if I understood well your request, we end up with a XSP
> transformer.
> Someone has already expressed such a wish, but I'm not sure if it's a
> good
> idea, since IMHO it inhibits compilation which is not what we want.
> Does it
> make sense ?

I've discussed that topic with Ricardo at the ApacheCon. We agreed that
the class skeleton the XSP core logicsheet merges into the actual XSP
code should be separated into another "core" logicsheet. This way we
should be able to generate *any* class with XSP
(generator/transformer/sitemap).

Giacomo

=====