cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject [ADMIN] elzm annoyances
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:26:16 GMT
Hi,

I noticed a couple of annoyances with the elzm setup for cocoon-dev and
possibly other mailing lists hosted by Apache.

First, the Reply-to: header is setup automatically to
cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org, which means that when I hit the "Reply all" button
on my mailer, the email is sent only to the mailing list and not to the other
recipients of the email. It's setup like this to probably avoid cross-posting
across different mailing lists. However this has a problem with people that
have different email addresses but still want the replies to be sent to a
certain address.

The second problem is that elzm is configured to detect whether a user is
subscribed or not based on the Sender: header. It probably does this to avoid
spam. However this has the same problem as mentioned above. If I post from a
different machine with a different domain name than the one specified in my
email address, the email is rejected even if the From: header has the same
address.

Is it possible to modify the elzm to:

1. don't rewrite/append a Reply-to: header
2. don't use the Sender: header to determine whether a user is subscribed or
not. Use instead the From: header.

Thanks,
Ovidiu

--