cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: Servlet2.3
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:22:55 GMT

--- Paul Russell <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Attached is a patch to make C2 talk Servlet2.3

Ok, so where is it (the patch :)

> (as used in
> current dev releases of Tomcat 4). C2 is now happily working
> in jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m3, and probably in later versions.
> This patch is not intended for inclusion into the main CVS
> repository until we have decided to move to Servlet2.3. Applying
> this patch will STOP COCOON COMPILING under version 2.2 of the
> servlet specification.

I don't mind if C2 is not compiling under a 2.2 version and Tomcat 4.0
will come out very soon (probably sooner that C2). I've talked to Craig
right now (he is sitting faced to me) and the point is that Tomcat 4.0
will be feature complete at the end of the month and then debugging and
tuning taked place. He thinks that at the end of the year there will be
a produktion release for T4.

Hintereichenstrasse 7
CH-8166 Niederweningen                    Web:

Do You Yahoo!?