cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Enormous problems with C2.
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:05:26 GMT
On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 05:08:08AM +0100, Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:
> Can you tell me if Xerces is on front of Xalan on the classpath?  If not,
> can you try putting it there and see what happens?

I've tried it both ways around, to no avail :/

> You could also remove the DOM interfaces from the Xalan jar to see what
> happens.  I suspect this is a problem with mismatches between the DOM
> interfaces found and Xalan and the DOM interfaces found in the version of
> Xerces you are using.  Just a suspicion, though.

Yeah - same occoured to me, but I think I've now found the
problem.

> The best way to help me diagnose this is to send a stack dump.

Would have done first time around, but I've got a small problem
at the moment - Copy and paste is currently dead in my copy of
X. More than a little annoying, that ;)

The AbstractMethodException is occouring in org.apache.xalan.
utils.DOMBuilder.startElement, which is line 275 in my version
(from yesterday's CVS, I think). The line in question is:

  elem = m_doc.createElementNS(ns,name);

I put a tracer in there to find out what class m_doc is, and
I get a huge list of org.apache.xalan.stree.DocumentImpls which
all process fine, and then a single com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument.

I have no idea how a com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument is even getting
created by Cocoon - the only jaxp parser installed is Xerces.

I'm now trying to track down where the class is getting loaded,
but I'm having other problems when I try to use the latest Xerces.

I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Paul
Luminas Ltd.