cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <>
Subject Enormous problems with C2.
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2000 21:04:18 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having incredible amounts of problems getting C2 to work
at the moment.

If I try using tomcat3.x I'm getting a java.lang.AbstractMethodError
deep in the bowls of xalan, regardless of whether I use the xalan
that's in cocoon's cvs, or a copy from xalan's own cvs, and I can't
even get tomcat-4.0 to compile at the moment (think I've got the
wrong version of xerces).

Obviously, tracking down an error which is occouring somewhere
deep within Xalan is not something I relish doing, particularly
as I suspect it's caused by us passing it something strange at
some point.

Am I missing something obvious? is it actually broken at the moment?
Should it work under 3.x?

As an aside, the reason I'm trying to get it running again
(I've been having problems with it for some time now) is that
I'm contemplating creating a set of avalon blocks for serving
HTTP requests. I'm not sure that cocoon should be a servlet,
long term, since it's fulfilling a role similar to the servlet
container itself (with generators as the servlets and XSP pages
as the big brother of JSPs). Has anyone got any thoughts on

Paul Russell                               <>
Technical Director,
Luminas Ltd.

View raw message