cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <>
Subject Re: [Xalan2J][Avalon3.0a3] First Cut of Patches
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:29:15 GMT

Do you have some time to help in the Integration? If yes here's what we need to do.

Step #1: Make sure that the code i sent earlier works.
Step #2: Replace the SAXConfigurationBuilder with the one that you have.
Step #3: The DefaultComponentManagerEx was added because DefaultComponentManager does not
implement Component. Please see the in the Zip file that i
earlier. Once this is fixed The DefaultComponentManagerEx is not needed.
Step #4: Once all the above is done, we can replace the NamedComponentManager with the
ComponentSelector API.

As usual the only concern is that at any given time the CVS should have stuff that works!

> Problems:
> 1) I have the source code for SAXConfigurationBuilder, and I can commit it.
> 2) AbstractNamedComponent and NamedComponent need to be removed. period.  I have a work
>    for the ProgrammingLanguage component.
> 3) The class for ComponentManager is DefaultComponentManager--included in avalonapi.jar
> 4) Soon, Avalon will remove the need for NamedComponentManager, and replace it with a
>    ComponentSelector API.
> 5) I have the files, and would like to make the commit.  Only thing is that I was getting
>    ComponentNotFoundException.  I needed to track down why.  The NamedComponent stuff
>    to be migrated out.

Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager

Do You Yahoo!?