cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Emotional Landscapes - semantic searching
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:02:58 GMT
On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 10:42:49PM +1000, Peter Donald wrote:
> However I would love a list to bounce around random ideas and see where
> they end up ;). Not sure what the charter for such a group would be - but
> as I guess most would be re: web stuff so ??? ;)

Depends on what the ideas are, I suppose. Most of mine concern
what replaces the web as it stands at the moment, and most of
stefanos seem to be along similar lines (although they take a
different tack). I just want to get some of these things out
into the open so that people who I trust to work in the best
interests of everyone can build the architecture to support it
without it being controlled by one company.

The irony in all this is that I'm your architypical capitalist -
I own a company for crying out loud. What I can't work out is
why the other companies think the only way to make money is as a
monopoly, rather than just by being the best.

Paul

Luminas Ltd.