cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Move to Xalan2J
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:47:03 GMT
On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 07:00:01AM +0200, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> Paul Russell (sorry, I've misspelled your name in the cvs
> commits) has implemented a component manager for the general
> components (not sitemap components) which respects the new
> interfaces from the new avalon release. These interfaces are
> used to mark classes as ThreadSafe, SingleThreaded, Poolable
> or Recyclable. With this base implementation we are able to
> (finally) use the Store to save objects for multiple uses (i.e
> pregenerated or compiled stylesheets).

Heh. That's okay, I'm used to it. There's also another slight
issue. The code I sent you deals with handing out components
from pools etc etc, however it doesn't deal with getting them
back into the pools afterwards. I'm not entirely sure how to
deal with this - I still feel it needs a subinterface to
ComponentManager that lets it accept components which people
have finished with. I've mentioned this to the Avalon peeps
before I think, and not had any joy. Any thoughts?

> Further, the component defined in a sitemap are now available
> to sub sitemaps (sitemap component inheritance). This means
> that you can use sitemap components defined in the parent
> sitemap without the need to redeclare them.

Funky :)

> - Fully integration of the new avalon release.
> - Specifying and implemeting the "Content Aggregation" from the RT series
> - Going deeper into the "Status and profiling" RT from Paul Russell

Happy to contribute on the status and profiling side, obviously.
I'll try and look over the new sitemap.xsl asap and post a slightly
more involved (and better written ;) e-mail about it...

What's left to do on the avalon integration?

Paul
Luminas Ltd.