cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: C2 - Reading XML from an HTTP Server
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:35:40 GMT

--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@sundn.de> wrote:
> > --- Matthew Langham <mlangham@sundn.de> wrote:
> > > We cannot get the following to work in C2 (CVS version from last
> > > week)
> > >
> > > Sitemap:
> > >
> > > 	<map:match pattern="^onlinesunlet-(.*).xml$"
> > > xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
> > > 		<map:generate
> > > src="http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?index_{1}+xml"/>
> >
> > Yes, it's probabbly because you are using the FileGenerator and the
> > name states it uses it's src attribute as a local file. C2 still
> don't
> > has a URLHandler system.
> >
> What is the suggested cocoon solution for this? Extending the
> FileGenerator so that it handles a src attribute which is not a local
> file or extending the sitemap generator definition into something
> like <map:generate url="http://"/> ?

IIRC, the proposal was to have a general URLHandler system to handle
the values of src attributes in general (look at the
xdocs/draft/sitemap-working-draft.xmap) and with own protocols like
cvs:// etc. But at the moment I think nobody is seriously digging into
it :(

There was some discussions about imbedding own protocol handler into
the JVM. But because of the need to configure the JVM itself or to
specify security properties this method has been thrown away.

Giacomo

=====