cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: ComponentPoolController
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:29:29 GMT
On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 05:59:30AM -0700, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> --- Paul Russell <paul@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 04:29:20AM -0700, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > > I still recall (possibly wrong memories :) you intended to correct
> > the
> > > ComponentManager implementation in the Cocoon.java class. It's very
> > > urgent now because it seems that the ComponentPoolController throws
> > > ClassCastException because of that (see mail from Davanum some
> > minutes
> > > ago). If you don't do it, I'll have to fix it myself (ASAP).
> >
> > Okay, I'll try and do that sometime this afternoon if I can.
> > Expect a patch or two :)
>
> Really cool :)
>
> Giacomo

As promised, if (un?)fashionably late, please find attached a
jar and patch.

Couple of things to note:

1) I'm using the ComponentPool class and a few others from the
   sitemap package at the moment, which is semantically dubious ;)

   Worth moving them out into a separate package?

2) I've put the main classes into org.apache.cocoon, since this
   is urgent, I'd suggest we move them somewhere less central
   (probably the same place as ComponentPool et al.)

3) I'm still having the resource not found problems, which seem
   to be eminating from somewhere in the sitemap. I've not had
   time to track those down tonight.

4) As far as I can *see* everything is hunky dory (it certainly
   compiles and runs okay at the moment), but it's quite possible
   there are some bugs in there that'll only show up once we
   start marking components as poolable or threadsafe or whatever.

Anyway, give it a whirl, let me know if there are any problems.

Paul

Luminas Ltd.