cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ComponentPoolController
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:29:20 GMT

--- Paul Russell <paul@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 03:41:21AM -0700, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > Not the sitemap, Cocoon. So far we have two ComponentManager
> systems.
> > One for the "general" components in cocoon.xconf which is handled
> > (incorrectly as for today) by the class Cocoon. And a (soon
> comming)
> > hierachically organized ComponentManager system for all
> > SitemapComponents (which handles them correctly by means of
> implemented
> > interfaces).
>
> Did you see my post re "Status and profile"?

Yes.

> Is this broadly
> what you're talking about implementing?

I don't do anything with "status and profiling" at the moment.

> If so, keep me in the
> loop? I'm keen to make sure we can get status and profiling
> working while the architecture is still maleable enough to accept
> major changes...

Please go on. I've finished (more or less) what I've wanted to do with
pooling and inheritance so far.

My next obligation is the "content aggregation" stuff Stefano
mentionend in his RT.

I still recall (possibly wrong memories :) you intended to correct the
ComponentManager implementation in the Cocoon.java class. It's very
urgent now because it seems that the ComponentPoolController throws
ClassCastException because of that (see mail from Davanum some minutes
ago). If you don't do it, I'll have to fix it myself (ASAP).

Giacomo

=====