cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ComponentPoolController
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:41:21 GMT

--- Paul Russell <paul@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 06:59:58AM +0200, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > > Can you explain why a PoolController should be a Component?
> > Uh, that hurts :). Because *I* have made it pluggable as a
> Component.
>
> Heh. I guessed as much. The only reason I mentioned it is because
> it won't run without it (the sitemap loads it using load_component,
> iirc).. :)

Not the sitemap, Cocoon. So far we have two ComponentManager systems.
One for the "general" components in cocoon.xconf which is handled
(incorrectly as for today) by the class Cocoon. And a (soon comming)
hierachically organized ComponentManager system for all
SitemapComponents (which handles them correctly by means of implemented
interfaces).

Giacomo

=====