cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From William Morgan <>
Subject XSPProcessor: make sure the needed classes can be ...
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 16:23:48 GMT

I've just installed both the CVS-fresh and released 1.8 versions of Cocoon. In
both I get this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor: make sure the needed classes can
be found in the classpath (org/apache/java/util/ExtendedProperties)
at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(

According to the list archives, this was pointed out a few months ago by Jeremy
Quinn et. al., and the solution (which still works) is to remove lines around
269 - 292 from (The line numbers are a little different

This DOES work, and finally Cocoon is working for me, but is there a better
way to do this besides modifying the source code?

(PS -- Cocoon is fantastic!)

William <>

View raw message