cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Short TODO list [was CLI almost there]
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:29:48 GMT

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > >
> > > Still to do:
> > >
> > > 1) create a fake command line object model... yes, Giacomo, I'll
> do this
> > > first as you suggested then we'll see
> > >
> > > 2) add link filtering semantics to the sitemap
> > >
> > > I'll have a finished CLI for Cocoon2.
> > >
> > > In order to totally replace stylebook documentation we still need
> > >
> > > 3) internal aggregation (using the cocoon: uri)
> >
> > So, please explain me this. I think I need to reorganize my
> priority
> > list because my spare time is getting shorter the next weeks :( I
> think
> > it would help if other people could help us doing the stuff that is
> > still needed so much.
>
> Ok, I'll try to tackle it myself then (even if my time is getting
> short
> as well not that CLI is working as I wanted)

I asked for explanation mainly because I have no idea what you meant
with "internal aggregation", sorry to claim your time.

> > I'm still implementing the forthcomming avalon release and it scars
> me
> > alot because there are many things to change and reimplement (ie.
> the
> > nuked NamedComponentManager) :(.
>
> I perfectly understand.
>
> > And there are still many other things to do before we can call it
> beta.
> > Here is a small list:
> >
> > - XalanTransformers problem with namespaces
> > - XMLSerializers problem with namespaces
>
> should we move to Xalan2 to fix these?

+1000

> Is there anyone that wants to help replacing Xalan1 with Xalan2 using
> the TRaX interfaces?

+100000

> > - integration of the ESQL logicsheet doesn't work because of a bug
> > somewhere
> >   in the XSP stuff (it's not the integration itself that scares me
> but
> > the fact
> >   that it generates uncompilable java code can cause other
> logicsheet to
> > fail as
> >   well). I've send it to Ricardo but didn't received a valuable
> answer
> > :(
>
> yes, we have to fix this ourselves.
>
> > - implementing the Action proposal. This weekend I had the time to
> study
> >   Struts because someone mentioned it here. I've seen that our
> Action
> > proposal
> >   is exactly what Struts is all about (more or less). But I think
> we
> > have
> >   a much more componentized model.
>
> hmmmm, I'll be -1 on entering beta state with such a big change in
> paradigm... don't get me wrong, I've seen your action proposal and I
> think it's a great addition to the sitemap model, but we haven't
> played
> with it directly and we cannot guarantee the semantics/api/schema
> will
> remain the same in the near future.

To be honest, I'll need it for own projects. Then I will stay in the
proposal directory to further develop it!

> > - And other think I forgot to write down here.
>
> I'd like to have an alpha release soon.

Another alpha or the first beta?

> The showstopper, for me, it's stylebook presence: I won't release
> with
> stylebook-generated docs... but C2 is currently not powerful enough
> match stylebook abilities.
>
> See next mail.

Ok.

> But after this, I'll write a small user guide and plan to come up
> with
> an alpha release...

Oh, you really mean alpha then.

> I don't care if things will change or not... but
> I'm
> perfectly aware of the fact that without releasing, there will be
> very
> few people trying it out and less chances to fix things soon enough
> avoid doing harm in the future.
>
> So, the day stylebook is matched by C2, I'd release the alpha, what
> do
> you say?

I have no problem with that. Release early and often :)

> > > Giacomo, why don't you focus on #3 and I focus on #1 and #2? they
> are
> > > totally orthogonal things and can be done in parallel.
> > >
> > > What do you say? It should take long, but you know better than me
> where
> > > to place the pieces in that (admittedly very hard) sitemap.xsl
> > > logicsheet (how about adding some comments to it? it is code
> after all)
> >
> > Yes, my friend. I'll do all the commenting as soon as I've finished
> all
> > the other implentation stuff and I've disziplined myself to
> comments
> > things during coding :)
>
> No problem... just reminding you of that.

Yes, I need to be reminded sometimes :)

Giacomo

=====