cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2]: Compile time of the sitemap
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 07:51:14 GMT

--- Matthew Langham <mlangham@sundn.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We may have missed the explanation on this - so apologies up front.
> Why does
> the compilation of the sitemap take soooo long? On a recent (last
> week) CVS
> version the sitemap takes around 5 minute to re-compile after a
> change.

!!5 minutes!! I've never had that. It take a bit longer since we moved
all the jars into the WEB-INF/lib (about 30 sec. on my 500MhZ P III
developer machine.

> Why exactly is this (i.e. what is causing this)? And will this get
> better
> (we could look into this if neccessary)?

Honestly, I have no idea. I probably can imagine that moving the XSP
engine (which does all the logicsheet stuff and compilations in C2) to
a SAX based (Xalan 2) system will improve performance. Sebastien told
me that this shouldn't be a problem to do, but I'm far away of that at
the moment.

Sebastien, can you explain you thoughts again?

Giacomo

=====