cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Browser Selector Bug
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:09:27 GMT
The selector pattern needs to be tested and debugged.
Can you give me a sitemap that uses the selector pattern?
Something really simple, and I can try to do something
with it--since I am probably the one who broke it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@sundn.de>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 9:16 AM
Subject: [C2]: Browser Selector Bug

Looking into the recent cvs source of C2, I saw that the BrowserSelectorFactory does not use
it's configuration any more and is
therefore very useless. Is this intended or has it only disappeared due to the Avalon/Xalan2
port? (If the second is true, should I
reintegrate it?)

But what is even worse, I can't use any selector. If I write
<map:select type="browser">
<map:when test="mozilla">
<map:transform src="mozilla.xsl"/>
</map:when>
<map:otherwise>
<map:transform src="other.xsl"/>
</map:otherwise>
</map:select>
I get the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:917)
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.generateCode(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:118)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.generateCode(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:296)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:193)
at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:152)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Is there anything wrong?

Regards
Carsten Ziegeler

Open Source Group              sunShine - Lighting up e:Business
www.sundn.de                           mailto:cziegeler@sundn.de