cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carine Porret" <cpor...@capgemini.fr>
Subject Problem connecting to an LDAP directory
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:23:48 GMT
Hello,

I'm having troubles connecting to a LDAP directory using cocoon :
I implemented an XSP page using ldap taglib, and I manage to connect to =
a specific directory. I tried to change and connect to another =
directory, but I get the following error message :

... :389javax.naming.CommunicationException: ... :389. Root exception is =
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information at =
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)  ...=20

The weird thing is that I'm able to connect to that directory using the =
LDAP Browser (which is a JNDI-based LDAP client).=20
Would anybody have any idea of what could be going wrong? How can I find =
the reason of such exception?

Thanks a lot,

Carine