cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Re: [C2] xsp.xsl/devel code
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:04:26 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
> Marcus Crafter wrote:

Hence my

> > > Hmmm, it might increase your lazyness which is not good, but on the
> > > other hand it could simplify some coding and adding visibility to the
> > > code which is good.
> >
> >         I agree with both of your points :-)
> >
> >         I tend to see the benefits of quick prototyping, clean clear
code with
> >         well placed exception handlers out of good coding rather than
need,
> >         more than prevention of sloppy code (no sloppy coders use C2
:-) )

> >         I could also see situations where fatal errors in XSP code mean
that
> >         an application is out of action - where the application wide
error
> >         handler is better suited to handle the error with it's own
> >         stylesheets.
> >
> >         But perhaps more expercienced developers out there might like to
> >         comment.
> >
> >         Maybe making it configurable might also be an option ? Kind of
> >         like 'use strict;' in perl.
>
> Well, I think that if not caught, XSP exceptions should trigger the
> error page creation which is specified in the sitemap... this requires
> try/catch encapsulation.... but that means you can't catch your own
> stuff

Hmmm... what do you mean you can't catch your own stuff?
If the error has to be handled in the xsp you won't trigger the sitemap
exception
try-catch.
If it has to be notified to the user, you can create your exception that
implements
the interface Notificable and the error generator formats to xml the extra
info;
then you can do what you want with that.
Am I making sense? :-)

>.... hmmmm, Ricardo, any thoughs on this?

nicola_ken