cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/xdocs/dtd document-v10.dtd
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:31:45 GMT
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <stefano@locus.apache.org>
To: <xml-cocoon-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 5:50 PM
Subject: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/xdocs/dtd document-v10.dtd


> stefano     00/10/04 14:50:18
> 
>   Modified:    xdocs/dtd Tag: xml-cocoon2 document-v10.dtd
>   Log:
>   synched DTD with C1
>   
>   +  19991129 Made "author" empty and moved "name|email" as attributes. (SM)
>   +  19991215 Simplified table section. (SM)
>   +  19991215 Changed "img-block" in more friendly "figure". (SM)
>   +  20000125 Added the "icon" image. (SM)
>   +  20000126 Allowed "anchor" in all levels. (SM)
>   +  20000404 Removed the "role" attribute from common-xxx.att. (SM)
>   +  20000815 Allowed "code" inside "strong" and "em". (SM)

What about allowing %links; inside of em, strong, code, etc.

One thing I ran into on the Avalon docs was when I converted the HTML
docs to the XML docs, we had a construct like this:

<em>written by <a href="mailto:bloritsch@apache.org">Berin Loritsch</a>.</em>

In order to use the document-v10.dtd in Cocoon (which I started with)
I had to rewrite it like this:

<em>writeen by </em><link href="mailto:bloritsch@apache.org"><em>Berin
Loritsch</em></link><em>.</em>

As you can plainly see, it is very messy--but accomplishes the same thing.
To get around it, I allowed the links to be children of the markup so I could
write it like this:

<em>written by <link href="mailto:bloritsch@apache.org">Berin Loritsch</link>.</em>

Much more clean.

Of course, I removed that construct altogether at a later date--because every document
that has authors displays links to the author under the title.


Mime
View raw message