cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter C. Verhage" <pete...@zeelandnet.nl>
Subject Re: how to xinclude
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 18:35:37 GMT
: thank you Peter,
: may be can you help me more... I want include the result of a xsp file
: in another xsp file. I don't know if xinclude is my solution or not
: ...???

I don't know if you are subscribed to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org, but you
can better post questions like this to that mailinglist, because this is a
developers mailinglist. Anyway, I had a similar question like that today,
just on how to use XInclude... I haven't tried it yet with XSP, but I think
it should work.

Here is a little example of what I did:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="test.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<!-- Author: Peter Verhage (peter@no-nonsense.org) -->

<data xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
  <include xinclude:parse="xml"
xinclude:href="i_want_to_include_this_page.xml"/>
</data>

This seems to work fine. I first did not use the xinclude:parse, but that
was necessary at that time, but if you download the latest cocoon version it
will not. Anyway it never hurts to put that overthere. If you want to know
what everything does, just look at the Xinclude drafts at w3.org

Regards

Peter