cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>
Subject Re: [C2] Short TODO list [was CLI almost there]
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 07:33:46 GMT
From: "Giacomo Pati" <>
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have samples to recreate the following problems?
> >
> > - XalanTransformers problem with namespaces
> If you put the following snippet into a pipeline of your sitemap
>   <map:match pattern="sitemap">
>     <map:generate src="sitemap.xmap"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheet/sitemap/simple-sitemap2html.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>   </map:match>
>   <map:match pattern="sitemap-style">
>     <map:read src="resources/styles/sitemap.css"/>
>   </map:match>
> and request it as http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sitemap you'll see, that
there is only an empty body returned as output because of the namespace
problem. If you define the xt transformer and use that instead of the
XalanTransformer all will work correctly.

I already tried to fix this, but with no luck.
It's a problem with Xalan as it came out, and Xalan2 should fix this.
Patching current Xalan seemed too long, difficult, and unnecessary, since
Xalan2 will need to be but in.
I recreated the error with a simple test case out of cocoon.
See archive for it and the discussion that came out.
The point becomes -> switch to Xalan2.
Someone was deep into it, but I don't remember who... :(
Sorry, look in the archive.
I can access only my mail from here, and ain't got the old ones :(

> > - XMLSerializers problem with namespaces
> Using the above pipeline snippet you can use the following uri
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sitemap?cocoon-view=content to see that the xml
serializer swallows all the namespaces definitions.

Control if Xalan outputs ok before the serializer (maybe
already done, can't remember).

> Giacomo
> PS: You will need the lates CVS because I've had to commit a missing css
file to make the example above working.

View raw message