cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Configuration Patterns and Sitemap Generation
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:35:14 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giacomo Pati" <pati_giacomo@yahoo.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: Configuration Patterns and Sitemap Generation

No real damage--I just need a Sitemap that uses the selector pattern
and the Regexp matcher.  But, I believe we have one method for each
matcher/selector, and one constant for each path that needs to be
checked.  Also, the Configuration part was simplified alot.

> > Actually the changes I did merely optimized
> > things
> > a bit, and allowed the pattern to be any arbitrary type.  Enabling
> > them
> > to be precompiled.
>
> I've seen the CVS commits but haven't had the time to look at it in
> depth (I'm back from ApacheCon and am way toooo tired to get into it
> today :). The thing that attracted me was that you introduced pretty
> print characters which are not needed (mainly additional blanks and
> newlines as \n). The code beautifier will take care of it if you
> haven't deactivated it in the cocoon.xconf file.

Well, they can go bye-bye.  I need a good read on the xconf/xmap pair.
When I look at the code, I need to see what's going on.  I am starting
to get a grasp on how things are done with the sitemap.  I need to try
to collect my thoughts because they may be useful for Avalon 3
configuration engine changes.

There are some parallels between sitemap and Block configurations--but
there are some disconnects as well.  The sitemap is dealing with complex
path processing, and the Block configuration is dealing with component

BTW, how was ApacheCon?  I missed you guys (couldn't break free).