cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [Xalan2J][Avalon3.0a3] First Cut of Patches
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:38:58 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Davanum Srinivas" <dims@yahoo.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Xalan2J][Avalon3.0a3] First Cut of Patches

> Berin,
>
> Do you have some time to help in the Integration? If yes here's what we need to do.
>
> Step #1: Make sure that the code i sent earlier works.

will do.

> Step #2: Replace the SAXConfigurationBuilder with the one that you have.

I committed my
org.apache.cocoon.xml.SAXConfigurationBuilder
class.  Until you use it, it does not affect anything.  We can safely modify all
references to the SAXConfigurationBuilder to this and commit the change.

The plan is to phase that out whenever I get done with the new ConfigurationEngine.

> Step #3: The DefaultComponentManagerEx was added because DefaultComponentManager does
not
> implement Component. Please see the DefaultComponentManagerEx.java in the Zip file that
i sent
> earlier. Once this is fixed The DefaultComponentManagerEx is not needed.

Where are we including a ComponentManager as a Component?  truthfully, this is not
the right pattern.  The correct pattern (which I may make the commit to Avalon RSN)
is to have a ComponentManager (they can cascade) and ComponentSelectors when needed.
Since I don't know why the ComponentSelectors didn't make it in the alpha release,
I am going to fix that.  In the mean time, the NamedComponentManager still exists.

> Step #4: Once all the above is done, we can replace the NamedComponentManager with the
> ComponentSelector API.

I see.  Well, it needs to be added to the avalonapi.jar first.

> As usual the only concern is that at any given time the CVS should have stuff that works!

I agree.  What I had compiles, but my install had problems, and so did the latest
CVS of Cocoon.