cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [Xalan2J][Avalon3.0a3] First Cut of Patches
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:08:03 GMT
I have my version of Cocoon working against Avalon 3.0a4
(currently unreleased).  There are a couple of hiccups,
but overall--we have a working solution.

The SVG serializer code needs to be refined a little to
find the propper serializer.  The error page needs to
be set up to find propperly as well.

The sitemap, xsp, and straight conversions work
flawlessly.

The question is, should I commit what I have now and
refine those two things shortly?  Or should I fix them
before committing my changes.

The reason I went with the Avalon 3.0a4 (unreleased)
version is the inclusion of the correct ComponentSelector
pattern that was supposed to be in the last release.  It
is better to limit the number of pervasive changes like
this.

While my change affects a large number of classes, Avalon
has reached a point in it's API stability where we are
refining features.  None of the future changes in API are
going to affect what we are using here in Cocoon.