cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [Xalan2J][Avalon3.0a3] First Cut of Patches
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:32:23 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Davanum Srinivas" <dims@yahoo.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 9:30 AM
Subject: [Xalan2J][Avalon3.0a3] First Cut of Patches

> Hi,
>
> Pre-Req's:
> 1. Latest code of C2.
> 2. Compile latest code of xml-xalan cvs tree.
>   (replace xalan.jar in xml-cocoon\lib)
> 3. Latest Avalon-3.0a3 from http://java.apache.org/framework/dist/
>   (replace avalonapi.jar in xml-cocoon\lib)
> 4. Remove AvalonAware.jar from xml-cocoon\lib
>
> Problems:
> 1. Simple.XSP does not work. We have filed a bug report and Scott is looking into it.
>
> Please note that i have added a new package org.apache.cocoon.avalon with 4 helper files.
As i did
> not have the sources, decompiled code from the old AvalonAware.jar and modified to be
able to run
> with Avalon-3.0a3.
> 1. AbstractNamedComponent.java
> 2. DefaultComponentManagerEx.java
> 3. NamedComponent.java
> 4. SAXConfigurationBuilder.java
>
> The enclosed zip file has all the files that are needed. I have not enclosed a "cvs diff
-u" as i
> am behind a firewall right now.

Problems:
1) I have the source code for SAXConfigurationBuilder, and I can commit it.
2) AbstractNamedComponent and NamedComponent need to be removed. period.  I have a work around
   for the ProgrammingLanguage component.
3) The class for ComponentManager is DefaultComponentManager--included in avalonapi.jar
4) Soon, Avalon will remove the need for NamedComponentManager, and replace it with a
   ComponentSelector API.
5) I have the files, and would like to make the commit.  Only thing is that I was getting
   ComponentNotFoundException.  I needed to track down why.  The NamedComponent stuff needs
   to be migrated out.