cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: FO2RTF?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:42:11 GMT
I'm very sorry,

I have to apologize for announcing something I didn't wrote myself and didn't
even had a look at. (Won't do that again, I promise!)

I'm talking about the FO2RTF formatter for C1. Well, it does format FO to RTF,
it handles lists, different colored text and tables, that's not that bad for a
first version.

But even after my code cleanup the usage is very very unhandy. And I can't get
rid of within a few hours and even some days won't be enough. The formatter
itself works on something like a preprocessed (intermediate) format. This format
results from a XSLT -> XSP process, which has to be declared in the original
file using Cocoon PIs. (Please don't send me mails saying this is almost
unusable, I'm already aware of this.)

However, the stylesheets are there (in the CVS at
http://www.infozone-group.org) and maybe somebody finds a quick solution to
integrate them in REAL Cocoon formatter. Also maybe we participate in and
contribute to the FO project.

And again, let me apologize if I raised hopes I couldn't fulfill.

sorry regards,
Conny