cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Morrison John <john.morri...@experian.com>
Subject CVS XSP (was RE: changebars)
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:07:35 GMT
I've considered doing an XSP logicsheet to do this, but some none of the JavaCVS clients appear
to either
a) work very well
b) don't yet implement required functionality
c) the architecture isn't very clear/clean

There's also the problem that you have to have a checked out repository on the machine which
is serving requests, ie:

browser -> Apache/Cocoon + local repository -> (CVS instruction) -> CVS Server

where CVS instruction is, for example, log of a file.

Problems:
* Diskspace
* Update frequency
* Initially checking out the code (time...)
* request latency (ie query to you, request to CVS server, wait, response from CVS server,
you transform, reply!)

Any takers I'll certainly help but my time is _very_ limited.

John.

of this email.