cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From John Morrison <john.morri...@experian.com>
Subject RE: new sql logicsheet!
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:03:16 GMT
Donald,

How can I do something along the lines of...

<esql:execute-query>
 <esql:driver>xxx</esql:driver>
 <esql:dburl>xxx</esql:dburl>
 <esql:username>guest</esql:username>
 <esql:password>guest</esql:password>
 <esql:query>SELECT ID FROM table</esql:query>
  <esql:results>
   <abc>
    <id><esql:get-string column="ID"/></id>
    <esql:execute-query>
     <esql:query>SELECT name FROM table WHERE ID = <esql:get-string
column="ID" ancestor="1"/></esql:query>
      <esql:results>
       <name><esql:get-string column="name"/></name>
      </esql:results>
     </esql:execute-query>
    </abc>
   </esql:results>
</esql:execute-query>

Please excuse me if some of the tags don't align.

I know the example is a little contrived, what I'm essentially attempting to
do is get a result from a result set twice.  JDBC doesn't like this.  What I'd
like to know is if there's a way to get around this limitation in your taglib?

Other than that - great piece of coding!

John.