cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: esql diff of the moment
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:32:14 GMT
At 07:43 +0200 15/09/00, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>Why not use the fixed DTD that is used now in Cocoon2 for notifications?
>It's kinda standard ;-)
>And all will have to go to C2 anyway.
>Maybe I'm just plain dumb, but shouldn't all taglibs throw the same error
>DTD? (IMHO)

+1 on that!

>If you agree I will make a small taglib that can be used by other taglibs
>4 this.

What I need for FP is to check whether any other tags had an error, so I
can decide whether to serialise the DOM they are writing or not.

I am adding errors to a Hashtable to do this, though it would be great if
there was a general mechanism to share errors between all TagLibs on a
page. They just add errors keyed to their own namespace.

Wotcha reckon?

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre