cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [1.8] Let's get this right
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:23:25 GMT
At 22:32 +0100 14/09/00, Robin Green wrote:
>I'm still deciding on my absolute priorities for release. Actually, like
>Donald, I would really like to get this out the door soon, so people stop
>asking "Where's FP?" and "Where's ESQL?" and "Why doesn't create-session
>work?" etc. etc.

Robin,

I am working on rewriting FP and adding to it's functionality.

Luckily (for me) I have a shed load of work on right now so I am working on
it in my weekends (and trying to catch up on sleep :) but at least the work
involves writing TagLibs .... so I am leaning new tricks ....

I have rewritten the code to instansiate proper objects for each Tag, each
implementing XObject, rather than the Static Library Methods I was using
before. I much prefer this approach :) Hopefully when I have leaned a bit
more SAX, I can fill in the toSAX() methods and this could work with C2
(not sure C2 currently supports XObjects in xsp:expr ??).

Is there some multi-part form decode code in open source I can use, anybody?

I would love to see the new FP get into 1.8 but cannot tell you exactly
when it will be ready, and do not want to hold up the release.

I also have a SMIL sample I have been trying to finish for the dist. It
converts Stefano's SlideShow into a QuickTime movie ;)

Good luck with the release and congrats on your promotion :)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre